Disk Antivirus Professional is a bogus malware coming from same guys who designed Live Security Platinum and System Progressive Protection. These kind of fake products attack the victim’s computer and take over everything running in the System. Until you fully remove Disk Antivirus Professional from your computer, you’ll not be able to run anything as Disk Antivirus Professional will tend to block them as soon as you try to run essential programs in your computer. You’ll be notified that the programs are infected and you need to buy full version of Disk Antivirus Professional to get rid of those threats.
Disk Antivirus Professional is a high risk malware designed by online scammers to extort money from naïve consumers in a very easy way. Most people easily trust this scam software and don’t know that this product can’t help them with anything. They simply trust the program and pay money to scammers to get a key in return. After entering the license key in the bogus software, It will stop showing any alerts and tell you that your computer is fully protected. If you’ve also bought license of this scam software in good faith, call your credit card company and dispute the charge.
This rogue antivirus programs comes in a masked way into your computer. If you visit file sharing websites and download files from untrusted sources, you are doing the wrong thing. Downloads from untrusted sources are often bundled with malware and downloading those files in your computer and opening them can cause serious issues like Disk Antivirus Professional malware. We suggest that you stay away from such malware programs and use a genuine anti-malware application in your computer all the time.
Disk Antivirus Professional will also show fake alerts from System Tray like :
Disk Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
The site you are trying visit may harm your computer!
Your security setting level puts your computer at risk!
Activate Disk Antivirus Professional, and enable safe web surfing (recommended).
Ignore warnings and visit that site in the current stat (not recommended).
Warning: Your computer is infected
Click this message to install the last update of security software…
Don’t fall for these scam alerts as the are specially designed to scare you so that you pull out your credit card and pay money to these scammers. Read next part of removal guide to learn how to remove disk antivirus professional quickly and easily.
How To Remove Disk Antivirus Professional
Removing Disk Antivirus Professional is easy provided you follow a streamlined method to get rid of the malware. Don’t follow different removal methods simultaneously as this can cause further complications.
To remove this bogus software and restore original functionality of your computer, you can follow either of these two removal methods. Please be informed that we recommend Automatic Removal method over Manual Removal method at anytime.
1. Automatic Removal Method – Easiest Removal Method
This removal method is almost effortless and results are guaranteed. This method is based on using a genuine anti-malware tool to remove the malware and restore your computer’s good health. This removal method is equally useful for expert computer users as well as newbies. Even If you’ve not dealt with viruses before, you can easily follow this removal method and actually get rid of the problems. Here is what you need to do :
1. While Disk Antivirus Professional is running in your computer, click on Start—>Run.
2. In Run, Type “http://www.fakeavremovals.com/download.php” (without any quotation marks) and click OK button. Alternatively, you can also click on below button to download the removal tool for this malware.
3. When the download starts, please save the file as “Explorer.exe” on desktop. Please note that you must save the file as “explorer.exe” so that malware can’t interfere with removal process. Just so you know, “explorer.exe” is the name of a critical windows process and Disk Antivirus Professional doesn’t block executable files having this name.
4. After downloading the removal tool, double click over the downloaded file and install the removal tool in your computer. As soon as you double click over downloaded file, Disk Antivirus Professional will get terminated automatically. It is not completely out from your computer yet but temporarily terminated.
5. Now do a Full Scan of your computer and Disk Antivirus Professional will automatically get caught. Once the scan is complete, click on “Fix Threats” button to get rid of all the malware programs. You might need to reboot your computer for changes to take effect. Now your computer is in good shape again and the malware is gone.
This video shows how to remove Disk Antivirus Professional easily and quickly :
By following automatic removal method, you can easily remove Disk Antivirus Professional in less than 10 minutes and restore your computer’s original functionality.
2. Manual Removal Method – Tedious and Risky
As the name suggests, Manual Removal is all about getting rid of the malware using manual tricks. This removal method is only suitable for computer geeks who are well versed with computers and know exactly how a viruses takes over the computer. If you are not highly skilled with computers, we suggest that you don’t go for manual removal method. At best, you will not be able to remove the malware and at worst, you can worsen the problems even further.
Manual removal method involves deleting the files and editing the registry. If you don’t know how to do it properly, you can worsen the problem. Follow these removal steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, you need to terminate the rogue application using Process Explorer so that It can’t interfere with removal process. Process Explorer is a free utility from Microsoft which is a very powerful alternative of Task Manager. Locate the rogue application in Process Explorer and terminate it forcefully.
2. After terminating rogue application, you need to edit the registry and remove malicious registry entries. (You can access registry editor by clicking on Start—Run, type “regedit” and click OK button) :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
Please note that Registry is the heart of your computer and editing it incorrectly may cause strange issues with your computer. Before you make any changes to registry, please be sure that you know what you are doing.
3. After rectifying the registry, remove these infected files from your PC :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe%
Please keep in mind that fake products like Disk Antivirus Professional continuously change their way of working and for this reason, manual removal instructions may get outdated at anytime. If you find that manual removal steps aren’t helping, you can always try your hands on automatic removal method.