Smart HDD is a fake system utility which infects your computer purposefully and tell you that your computer’s hard disk has been failed and you need to correct all the errors on your computer. Smart HDD Virus will also report that you’ve numerous bad sectors present on your hard disk and to fix everything, you need to Buy Smart HDD.
Smart HDD is not the first software of its kind but we’ve seen lots of other similar products like Data Recovery, System Check and lots of other similar programs. This fake virus is also known as S.M.A.R.T HDD or S.M.A.R.T Repair . If you search Internet, you’ll find that there is a lot of information on Smart HDD Virus, how it operates and how to remove it. This is also called a fake disk analysis software which shows false scan results and tricks users into purchasing a bogus software which can’t help them with any problems. The fact is, there are no problems on your computer but Smart HDD rogue is showing you a completely different picture of your computer.
It comes to your computer in a disguised face and once you install it, you’ll see that It will show a “Write Fault Error” first and tell you that It has detected a hard disk failure.
Above error message is so scary! Now you’re guaranteed to get shocked because this is not something you are expecting. However, you don’t need to worry at all as all your files as safe.
To convince you more, Smart HDD will deliberately hide these things in your computer :
1. All the files and folders.
2. All Desktop Icons.
3. All Programs from Programs Menu.
It will also change your desktop’s wallpaper to a black color wallpaper and everything will feel list lost to you. This scare tactics has worked really well but we suggest that you don’t pay attention to any message you are seeing. Smart HDD will show fake alerts like :
Your computer is in critical state. Hard disk error detected.
As a result, it can lead to hard disk failure and potential loss of data. It is highly recommended to repair all found errors to prevent loss of files, applications and documents stored on your computer.
Hard drive boot sector reading error
System blocks were not found
How To Remove Smart HDD
Smart HDD is a stubborn software go out of your computer as it hides everything and leaves nothing to your advantage. Our malware experts have tried various solutions to remove smart hdd and highly recommend Automatic Removal method. You can also try to remove the virus manually but that is going to take a whole lot of effort as well as It is risky. Here are both removal methods :
1. Remove Smart HDD Automatically – Easiest Method
Smart HDD hides everything and It is too tough for a new computer user to correct everything quickly. If you’ve no idea about how to remove this malware, we suggest that you follow this method. This method does everything including :
1. Detecting the Smart HDD malware.
2. Removing the Malware and all its files, folders, registry entries etc…
3. Restores hidden desktop items, start menu items and Programs automatically.
4. Removes more malware which might be hiding in your computer since a long time.
Here is what you need to do to remove Smart HDD in a few minutes :
1. Click on Start—>Run, type “http://www.fakeavremovals.com/download.php” and click OK button to download Spy Hunter. Alternatively, you can also click on this button.
2. Save the downloaded installer file on desktop. Once the download is complete, run the installer file and you’ll see that Smart HDD will get terminated automatically. Now install Spy Hunter in your computer and do a full scan of your computer. Spy Hunter will automatically catch Smart HDD and remove it completely. This video shows how we did it :
You can try to remove smart hdd manually but this method is risky and making mistakes can cause further harm to your computer. Here is what you need to do manually :
1. Remove the malware, all its files, folders, registry entries.
2. Unhide all the contents from all partitions on your hard drive.
3. Unhide All Programs on your computer.
4. Do a full cleanup of computer which is not possible without a software.
If you don’t know how to detect the malware and where its files reside, you can’t do anything to stop it and get to the point where it starts damaging your computer even further. If you want to follow manual removal method at your own risk, here is how you can do that :
1. First of all, you need to stop the malware from running. To do that, you can Download Process Explorer and use it as Task Manager.
2. After ending active process of Smart HDD Virus, now you need to remove all its registry entries so that It can’t run itself on next reboot. Click on Start—>Run, type “regedit” and click OK button. In registry editor, you need to correct these registry entries :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = “Yes”
3. After correcting these registry entries, now you need to remove the files related to Smart HDD. These files are :
%AppData%\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\SMART_HDD.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\SMART HDD\SMART HDD.lnk
%StartMenu%\Programs\SMART HDD\Uninstall SMART HDD.lnk
4. Now you need to unhide all the files on your computer, Desktop items, Start Menu items and everything else which was marked hidden by the malware.
If you do everything correctly, you can remove the virus manually but that is a tedious task which requires a lot of knowledge beforehand to deal with the malware effectively. We suggest that If you find that manual removal steps aren’t working for you, opt for automatic removal method.
Leaving this rogue on your computer for a extended period of time can cause further consequences which may be very hard to deal with.