System Progressive Protection is a bogus antivirus software which generates false infection alerts and motivates consumers to buy full version of System Progressive Protection. Actually what happens is, You download a program from the Internet thinking the downloaded file is useful for your purpose but when you install it in your computer, you becomes a victim of System Progressive Protection. This is how this malware works, you are shown something else but you actually download and install this malware yourself. It can come to your computer in many different ways and If you visit file sharing websites quite often, your computer is highly likely to catch this infection.
Don’t take it otherwise but many people are trying to get paid stuff for free. Be it software products, music, videos or other similar stuff. If you are trying to get something for free, you might end up visiting malicious websites as bad websites are known to trap customers that way. You’ll be promised that you are getting what you want but the truth is something else. You’ll get bogus products like System Progressive Protection and other bad stuff. Here is a screenshot of System Progressive Protection virus doing a bogus scan :
System Progressive Protection shows fake alerts like :
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected.
This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with System Progressive Protection.
System Progressive Protection Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Warning: Your computer is infected
Detected spyware infection!
Click this message to install the last update of security software…
Above error messages are indeed scary but they don’t reflect actual state of your computer. You computer is not infection with anything but System Progressive Protection is showing fake alerts and trying to intimidate you about your computer’s security. The first error message tells you that Spyware is stealing passwords from Internet Explorer and this message alone is enough to make you worried. System Progressive Protection promises you that If you buy its full version, all your worries will come to an end. This is a false promise and you shouldn’t buy System Progressive Protection at any cost. If you’ve already purchased this software, don’t worry and contact your credit card company to stop payment for this purchase.
How To Remove System Progressive Protection
It is not easy to remove System Progressive Protection as this malware blocks everything on your computer and won’t let you access anything. It does this just to protect itself from genuine anti-malware application. We tested this rogue software extensively and It closed everything we tried to open. We have found two removal methods which can help you get rid of System Progressive Protection.
One method of removing this rogue is fully automatic and very easy while other method requires manual intervention as well extensive knowledge of computer.
A. Automatic Removal Method – Easiest and Quickest
Automatic Removal method is the best method to remove system progressive protection easily. This method allows you to remove the malware very easily by using a genuine Spyware Removal software. All you need to do is, scan your computer and remove the infections. That’s it.
The removal method can be used by all computer users regardless of their computer knowledge. You can easily remove System Progressive Protection as well as other malwares. Here is what you need to do to remove this malware and save your computer from more attacks :
1. First of all, click on Start—>Run. This will show the Run dialog Box.
2. Type “http://www.fakeavremovals.com/download.php” (without any quotation marks) and click on OK button. Alternatively, you can also click the button below to download genuine anti-malware application:
3. Once the download starts, please save the file as “explorer.exe” on the desktop. Please note that you MUST save the file as “explorer.exe” on the desktop so that System Progressive Protection can’t block it from running. Just for your kind information, “explorer.exe” is the name of a critical Windows Process and System Progressive Protection doesn’t block files with this name. This trick is just to fool the malware so that you can continue with removal.
4. After the download is complete (which shouldn’t take more than 10 seconds), double click on “explorer.exe” file on the desktop and this will terminate System Progressive Protection virus forcefully so that It can’t interfere with removal process. Now install the anti-malware application (which is Spy Hunter) and do a full scan of your computer.
5. Spy Hunter will thoroughly scan each and every file on your computer for possible infections and remove System Progressive Protection, its executable files and infected registry entries from your computer. Once the Scan is done, click “Fix Threats” button and now everything is back on track. Restart your computer and everything will start working normally.
This video from our research lab shows how to remove System Progressive Protection easily using above steps :-
B. Manual Removal Method – Risky and Tedious
Manual Removal method is nowhere as easy and effective as automatic removal method. If you want to remove the virus manually, we want to discourage you from doing that. Manual removal method involves removing all the infected files, registry entries and remove all other infected stuff without using any help or automation. Doing guesswork will not work because If you don’t know which files are infected, you simply can’t remove them. Make sure that you don’t remove important files from your computer based on your guesswork as that might cripple your computer even further.
On the other hand, If you remove some infected files and leave traces of virus on your computer, the virus can return back at anytime. If you don’t scan your whole computer, you can be sure that some malware programs are still living inside your computer. If you want to follow manual removal steps at your own risk, please follow these steps :
1. First of all, please Download Process Explorer and save it as “explorer.exe” on the desktop. You are going to use this application to kill System Progressive Protection.
2. Identify the process of System Progressive Protection and terminate its process by right clicking over it and select “End Process Tree”.
3. Now access Registry Editor so that you can remove all the infected malicious registry entries. To access Registry Editor, please click on Start—>Run, type “regedit” and click OK button. Now you need to remove/correct these registry entries :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\ “<strange numbers and characters>”
4. Now you need to remove the infected files which are powering System Progressive Protection. Search for these files in your computer and remove them.
%CommonAppData%\<strange numbers and characters>\
%CommonAppData%\<strange numbers and chars>\<strange numbers and characters>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<strange numbers and chars>\<strange numbers and characters>.ico
Manual removal steps are not guaranteed to work as If you might end up leaving infected files on your computer or the malware can change its way of working in your computer. If you find that manual removal steps aren’t working as desired, follow the automatic removal method instead as It is guaranteed to work.